Case 1. POSCO
POSCO is the largest steel company in Korea and has been ranked first in the ‘World’s Most Competitive Steel Company’ for 9 consecutive years. With the establishment of POSPIA 3.0, a company-wide integrated system, real-time business processing is possible using smartphones.
- Try to convert some of POSCO's business systems to Cloud
- Relieve the burden of policies, audits, and high maintenance costs of foreign DBs
- POSCO's own private cloud required an alternative DBMS due to the policy inability to use foreign company O's license.
- Connection between overseas bases was needed in the online environment.
Building a Tibero DB within AWS Cloud By simplifying and optimizing the installation of Tibero DBMS on AWS infrastructure, a production environment was established within minutes. As a result, POSCO is able to use the DB immediately. 1) Easy and fast optimization installation 2) Configuration of various options - Network, OS/DB, Storage S3, security and backup settings available
Technical support system Deploying Tibero DBMS expert engineers
Solution provided through connection to overseas base CDC (Prosync) in an online environment
Through TmaxTibero’s powerful DBMS service, POSCO is able to minimize three inefficiencies in its work system.
Case 2. Carrot Insurance Company
Carrot Insurance Company is Korea's first digital property insurance company jointly established by large domestic and foreign investors such as Hanwha, SK Telecom, Altos Ventures, Stick Investment, and Hyundai Motor Company. Unlike other insurance companies, ‘Carrot Plug’ installs its own IoT product in the car's Seager Jack to measure driving distance and operates an auto insurance product that pays in every month only for the amount driven.
- Establish a flexible IT resource operating system based on the cloud and reduce initial IT investment costs.
- Build a DR center for crisis response
Using the cloud-optimized DB Tibero, approximately 2,800 tables, around 5,400 indexes, and 570 PSMs are applied within the system
Providing data synchronization for the DR center by Prosync, a CDC solution.